The Best Lemon Drizzle Cake Recipe in the World!












INGREDIENTS:

For the Cake:

225 g  unsalted butter, softened
250 g  caster sugar
4 medium eggs
Grated zest of 3 lemons
225 g  self-raising flour

For the drizzle topping:

Juice 2½ lemons
125 g  caster sugar


 METHOD:

So first, do the thing that you should always do, but I always forget to, turn the oven on. Preheat it to about 180/fan and get ready a big loaf tray by lining it with baking paper. Then mix the butter and sugar in a big bowl until it's pale, which in my case took for freakin ever even with an electric mixer. You might get lucky if you use stork but real butter takes soooo long to mix! Then mix the flour and eggs in parts, like add a bit of flour, mix, add a bit of egg, mix, and carry on till it's all done. I just recommend you do this so it doesn't curdle because that makes it lumpy. Once that's all mixed and smooth start to grate the zest of three lemons, well, I use three because I like it extremely lemony but if you don't you can probably take it down to one and have it still have the taste. Then just Pour it all in to the tray and bake it for about 50 mins, but at 45 check with a knife because it might be done by then. Whilst it's cooking squeeze the three lemons (again, you can cut it down if you want it less strong) and sive out the seeds and bits. Then mix in the sugar and leave it in the fridge until the cake is almost cool. Then pour the drizzle over the cake and let it settle in! Then you can eat it, which is obvs the best bit!

This recipe was developed over the past few tries of me making this, its kind of a mix of loads of recipes and my ideas. 

I had a bit when it was warm and I'm not going to lie, It was amazing. That's why I called it the best lemon drizzle cake in the world! I'm just about to eat my Sunday roast and then I will most likely have another piece! Haha. I'm actually kind of glad that I'm on this dechox because it reminded me of my favourite, non-chocolate cake and, although I am definitely missing chocolate, I would be ok with eating just this cake for the est of time!

Thanks for reading and if you decide to make this let me know what you think!

What's your favourite cake?









33 comments

  1. YUM! This looks so delicious!

    XO
    Molly
    www.trendychickadee.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! I have to make this, I saved the recipe! I just tasted lemon drizzle cake at a local starbucks, and I bet it's even better homemade, I'm obsessed! xx

    Kinkx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it is, the starbucks one is top notch but home made and warm its brilliant haha xoxo

      Delete
  3. It looks delicious, I need to try it! And the photos are just amazing :)

    www.blossomikebana.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post, this looks amazing!! Me and my flatmates always bake together so we'll definitely try this soon. Would love if you could check out my recent fashion post? :)

    The Fashion Road

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And ill definitely go and have a look! xoxo

      Delete
  5. Oh that looks so yummy...wish I can try it....stunning photos!

    P.S Thanks a lot for stopping by and for leaving lovely comment...new post is now live :)
    http://www.fashionpumpkin.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! And its no problem i love your blog! xoxo

      Delete
  6. How many servings does this roughly make?
    I'm thinking this would be great for a cake sale:)

    Forever Hibernating x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For me it made about 12 thick slices but you could push 15 xoxo

      Delete
  7. Aw...this is look delicious, I want to try it. would you like to follow each other on BLOGLOVIN? If you decided to follow me, please let me know so I can follow you back. Thank you xoxo

    www.love-joice.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw...this is look delicious, I want to try it. would you like to follow each other on BLOGLOVIN? If you decided to follow me, please let me know so I can follow you back. Thank you xoxo

    www.love-joice.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and you should! I will give you a follow for sure xoxo

      Delete
  9. That looks. . .amazing. I need to try this. It looks like it would be perfect with a cup of coffee!

    coffeeslag

    COFFEESLAG Color Filled Spring

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yes! Definitely good with coffee! xoxo

      Delete
  10. Love the recipe! cant wait to try it

    ReplyDelete
  11. this looks good, yummy! i lack baking skills unfortunately hahaha but i'll pass this on to my mom next time she's in her baking mood. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HHaha well its not too difficult, but sounds good :) xoxo

      Delete
  12. This looks delicious! I love your blog!

    xx Isabel
    http://bellasfashionjournal.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Currently baking this, can't wait until it's finished to taste it! xx

    Kinkx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow that's so exciting! Send me a pic when your done! xoxo

      Delete
  14. Wow, it looks sooo delicious *.* I'm a huuuuuge cake fan, so I will def try this one out.
    Lots of Love,
    Amira from Ami Coco

    ReplyDelete
  15. YUMMM Lemon Drizzle cake is one of my favourites :) Have to make this now
    Daniella x

    http://daniella-r.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lemon drizzle cake sounds amazingggg! I've got to make a vegan version of this! X

    Spring Vintage ootd over on -
    hailandharmony.blogspot.ie
    // BLOGLOVIN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG tell me if you find or create a recipe because Im really considering veganism!xoxo

      Delete
  17. This looks absolutely delish! Amazing photography too Isobel :)
    Morgan | www.justmorgs.com

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© ISOBEL MARIAN. Design by Fearne.